If you could do today over, would you change anything?

365 QOTD

If you could do today over, would you change anything?

Aside from the upset stomach in the later part of the afternoon, I probably would like to keep my day as it has been today.

I usually wake up around 6am and then instantly grab for my phone from the steps of bed stairs and do a timecheck (Weird coz I seem to have a sense of time by then. LOL) Then, I doze off again for a few minutes and then I check my phone again. I keep telling myself to get up at 7am but since it has been very cold, I negotiate to my “future self” for an 8am getup time. I usually get to accomplish that.

Today, I had pancake, a cup of coffee and scrambled egg with meatloaf for breakfast. Then, I prepared for my Wednesday Nihonggo Class. I prepared a lower level reading material to work on with my teacher because the previous once were a bit difficult for me. We finished 3 sets of reading exercises today and I am totally grateful to my teachers. They seem to have enjoyed having me read the passage sounding more a bit confident. Just because the entries were a bit easier this time. I need to have these drills before I jump to the next level reading challenge. So, morning went well.

The day at the job had been quite busy. Manageable. Then, came my lunch break.

I had grown the habit of visiting a nearby bakery shop and would choose two types of bread for snacks . No more coffee, just a glass of lemon water to go with it. Then, I usually go over what I had studied in the morning and then review it. However, this afternoon, I saw one of my former students and I said “Hi” to her before I sat in one corner. A few minutes later, she came to me with a cup of ice cream and asked if she can sit beside me. We had a good chat. She passed some computer education exam and was so happy about it thus, she wanted to have a cup of strawberry ice cream to celebrate with her. I told her that I am trying to learn Nihonggo and I totally know how it feels to 
learn a new language. Then, she tried to go over my reading material wished me good luck. We parted ways as my lunch break is already and she has 4 minutes to catch her train as well.

Then, I went back to work. After work, I walk my home onto a chilly evening breeze of Miyazaki City. Bought supplies, cooked dinner, folded clothes and did the evening rituals.

Finishing the night with an episode of Black Mirror Season 1. I just started watching it over the weekend and it's quite a fitting pair to the completed Bored and Brilliant. It's disturbing.

So yes, I am ending my night with a disturbing ideas on tech slavery, virtual reality replacing personal connections, cyberbullying and augmented reality as the new "real" reality.

I intend to keep my day as it was.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023