Nothing Extraordinary Today.

Today is definitely one for the books! Not because extraordinary things happened but just because it was an ordinary day with ordinary events but extraordinary experience and reflections for me.

I am still not successful in getting up from bed early, though I woke up as early as 7am. I stayed in bed until 9am since I don't go to the conversation classes anymore, I made a quick morning trip to the library to study(?) , more of like trying to practice writing a few kanji characters, then didn't prepare to go out until 11am to meet my friends.

I had always wanted to visit the museums around and so today, we agreed to visit the Miyazaki Science Center.

A modern science museum designed for kids and wannabe kids, there are really a lot of learning points inside. Most of the exhibitions had English translations and can be understood. My favorite is the exhibition of the different sources of renewable energy!

After that, I had time for my favorite chore: the laundry.

Then, I asked Mr. Y and Ms. Y if they will go to the English Cafe, coz if they will, I might as well go and have a catch up with them. It had became an interesting night coz apart from catching up with Mr. Y, I have met a young lad who has so much passion for computer programming.

Mr. Y said that if I am free, I can come to Jenga night.

Tita G said that we might go to onsen that night and so I said that I will just be at downtown and she can pick me up from there. But she cancelled and so I had the chance to come to Jenga Night!

At first, I wasn't sure if coming to Jenga was a good decision because it was roundtable discussion for Japanese people. It was their chance to speak about certain topics without hesitation about the topic. I felt that I had gone a bit overboard about expressing my thoughts and opinions at some point. I forgot that I am not fluent in Japanese at all! The conversation flowed to a more lighter topics of travelling and hitchhiking until it was time to call it a night.

I felt relieved that the host said, "Please come again." Next time, I will be more careful with expressions and sharing of ideas. Also, I will try to speak more Japanese eventhough it is full of mistakes. I will be more sensitive about my opinions and make sure that I try to keep my questions within the topic.

I'd rather practice my Japanese in conversations like this than in a bar.

I learned so much today, reconnected with friends and met amazing people too.

Today, was definitely a good day.

*****

365 QOTD
Who inspires you?

I am inspired by so many people:
1. My family, I always want to be able to provide for my family.
2. friends who work for the government, for it is very hard to keep an upright moral while working for the government
3. people who always wanted to make the world a better place.

****

Comments

  1. Ayan, learning experience. I still learn and speak Thai that comes as mean. Anyway, what to do? We learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Minsan frustrating. Ay hindi pala minsan.. Laging frustrating.. Hayst. Pero it takes time to learn...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023